9/3/08

Project Egg Update

A new teaser will be up for Project Egg on Friday.

The current projected release for PE still stands; (late October) however, I am having to go back and retool much of the engine and revert it to the original design documents. Everywhere I look it seems as if large game corporations advice to indie(s) is the same, "do not try to create a grand new experiment on your first go!" I knew this, understood this, and tried my best to follow that mantra. Yet somehow; new ideas and thoughts kept getting added on until I realized I was working on a beast which would take a year to complete (at least). So; by shedding much of the weight, we are back on track. Not only does it feel good to be in line with my original vision for the game, it should end up being a far greater product.

Thanks.

No comments: